Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bible verse of the Day

Here are just some bible verses that I thought I would post...
  • 1 Peter 2:17 Show proper respect to everyone: Love the Brotherhood of Believers.
  • Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love another.
  • 1 Peter 5:2 Be...as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve.
  • Leviticus 19:32 Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.
  • Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders, so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.
  • Proverbs 17:17 A friend Loves at all times.
  • Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
  • 1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
  • Deuteronomy 31:12 Men, women, and children... can listen to the word and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law.
  • 1 Chronicles 29:18 O Lord, God of our father Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.
  • 2 Corinthians 9:6 A farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
  • James 1:5 If you want to know what God wants to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you.
  • Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him...overflowing with thankfulness.
  • Psalm 51:6 You deserve honesty from the heart; yes, utter sincerity and truthfulness.
  • Nehemiah 13:13 These men were considered trustworthy. They were made responsible for distributing the supplies to their brothers.
  • Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?
  • Matthew 17:20 I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
  • Colossins 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
  • Ephesians 4:16 From Christ the whole body joined and helped together by every supporting ligament grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
  • 1 Corinthians 12:12 The body is a unit though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.
  • Psalm 95:7 For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.
  • Psalm 23 The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
  • Isaiah 45:22 Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
  • Genesis 2:19 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden as its gardener, to tend and care for it.
  • 2 Corinthians 9: 1-2 There is no need for me to write to you about this service to the saints. For I know your eagerness to help.
  • 1 John 3:18 Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
  • Acts 10:34 God does not show favoritism, but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
  • 2 Corinthians 5:17 If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
  • Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
  • Luke 6:37 Forgive and you will be forgiven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing, Rachel! I love you! Kay