Saturday, March 28, 2009

Darling Drawings

This is my art project that I was excited to show you!! It is grid art! This is the magazine picture I tore out, and below is the drawing that I did of this page. I thought It turned out pretty good!!!
This is the two pictures next to each other.
The other thing that we do in art is a sketchbook. We have an assignment that we draw and turn in weekly. This is the cover I designed.
This is my first sketch book drawing!! I got a 27/25 because I did the bonus. I thought It was good.
Now about the last few days. So I told you about the high school meet we had to work at, and that night we were watching Mizzou play, well they won. Then Friday school was pretty much CHAOS!! We started working on our four year plan for high school, and then later went to the high school to listen to the speeches given by the kids running for Student Council. We will be voting on Tuesday. Our meet was canceled on Friday so after school we had practice, which wasn't too hard. We were stuck in the old Elementary gym, so all we could really do was work on hand offs.
After practice Leona picked up Bree and Me then we went to her house!! It was lots of FUN. We talked,made cupcakes, and watched a movie. "She's the Man" with Leona's favorite actress Amanda Bynes. This morning Bree's dad picked her up, and Leona dropped me off at my house. So this afternoon all I really did was work on my art project. At around 2:50 we left for the Hubbard's house. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching Mizzou play against UCONN. Sadly they lost, I was hoping for them to make it to the final four. But North Carolina is still in and hopefully will keep going forward!! I have a very funny Tyler Hansbrough story.
While we were at Jefferson City the tour guide was telling us about what the requirements are to be able to have a bust in the Capital. She said they had to live in Missouri at one time, and do something great. So Anthony asked her if he could elect Tyler Hansbrough into the Capital. She said,"Who's that?". Anthony goes,"The best college basketball player EVER!". She didn't get it but the guy tour guide was standing over to the side laughing his head off. It was really funny. And I'm sure Alex would agree that he needs to be elected in.
When the game was over(by the way my bracket is going to suffer majorly for that) we left, leaving Alex behind to play, and went to see Grandma Rie. She was glad to see us, we talked for a while, and she told us all about the people she's met and what she's been doing. We were there for about an hour, then came home, and Mom is making some tuna noodle casserole. MY FAVORITE!!!! It has been a very nice day, even though it has been cold,windy,and snowy. But the snow is very pretty. Have a Great Evening!!!

Hi I can't blog yet, because I have to finish my art project to show you all!!! So if you read this come back later, for a REAL post! Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I love your daffodil picture. You are quite a photographer as well as an artist. Love you, Kay